Reminders on kernel programming
- Reminders on kernel module development
- Kernel objects
||Writing a kernel module creating and using kernel objects and sets
||Interacting with a kernel module through a kernel object and the sysfs file sytem
Power-management : APM and ACPI
- The APM standard.
- The ACPI standard.
||Writing a user program to shut down the system.
Power-management, suspend and hibernate
- Freezing tasks
- Suspend in RAM
- Suspend on Disk
- Debugging power management
||Writing a kernel module reacting to suspend in RAM and system wakeup
Power management in drivers
- Device states vs System state
- Putting devices in low-power modes
- Power-management operations in drivers
- Controling system state changes from drivers
||Adapting a device driver to put the device in suspended state when unused
Cpu frequency governors
- The cpufreq user interface.
- The various governors available.
Idle Cpu governors
- The Idle task.
- The Idle device concept.
- CpuIdle governors.